These courses lead to a globally-recognised certification from the Scrum Alliance. The number of IT professionals holding an accreditation from the Scrum Alliance is now in six digits worldwide.
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) 2 days
This Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) course is an intensive deep dive into the world's most popular Agile method: Scrum. It is an immersive learning experience emphasising hands-on participation through a mix of interactive seminars, group discussions, team activities, games and role-plays.
We use highly immersive adult learning techniques such as visual modelling, simulations, role-plays and 'Training from the Back of the Room' activities to enable self-directed learning and enhanced retention.
Unlike Scrum courses with other trainers, this course offers a Trial Scrum Exam on day 1 with answers discussed day 2. This provides you with clear feedback on your Scrum knowledge in preparation for the post-course Certification Exam.
This course is organised and run using Scrum as a management framework. This allows for feedback and flexibility as well as experiencing Scrum in action throughout the course.
You will learn:
- The philosophy, values and principles that guide you in becoming more Agile.
- The nature of principles such as Empirical Process Control, Iteration, Timeboxing and Self-organisation that provide an effective model for working in a complex environment.
- The Scrum roles in-depth and how they fit together to address Project Management.
- How to establish an environment to foster high-performance agile delivery including creating a Definition of Done and keeping a Product Backlog in a well-groomed state.
- Techniques for facilitating and participating in highly effective agile meetings each iteration and each day.
- How to leverage review and retrospective activities to produce better fit solutions and continuously improve our Scrum delivery capability.
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) 2 days
- Understanding of the business role on Scrum projects
- Techniques for engaging customers and stakeholders
- Popular tools for understanding users and their needs
- Proven techniques for ROI assessment and prioritisation
- How to groom requirements to 'ready' with agile teams
- How to predict delivery timeframe or features
- Tips for managing key variables influencing project success
- Release management case study
Agile tool and technique courses
These in-depth courses are not Scrum-specific. They provide comprehensive knowledge of the tools and techniques that are used on most agile projects. They are licensed from Mike Cohn of Mountain Goat Software (USA) - author of the most popular books on these topics.
Effective User Stories for Agile Requirements (EUS) 1 day
- What user stories are
- Six attributes of user stories
- Techniques for gathering user stories
- Guidelines for writing good stories
- Up-front vs just-in-time work
- Comparing user stories with traditional requirement formats
Agile Estimating and Planning (AEP) 1 day
- Estimating size and deriving duration
- Story points and ideal time
- Techniques for estimating more accurately
- Forecasting velocity
- Release and iteration planning
- Communicating estimates and plans
- Planning techniques for large projects
Succeeding with Agile (SWA) 2 days
- Using agile to facilitate agile adoption
- Overcoming resistance
- Leading self-organising teams
- Incorporating design, UX and architecture
- Organisational change patterns
- Scaling and distributing agile
- Measuring and proving benefits