About the Course
This Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) course is an intensive deep dive into the world's most popular Agile method: Scrum. It is an immersive learning experience emphasising hands-on participation through a mix of interactive seminars, group discussions, team activities, games and role-plays.
We use highly immersive adult learning techniques such as visual modelling, simulations, role-plays and 'Training from the Back of the Room' activities to enable self-directed learning and enhanced retention.
Unlike Scrum courses with other trainers, this course offers a Trial Scrum Exam on day 1 with answers discussed day 2. This provides you with clear feedback on your Scrum knowledge in preparation for the post-course Certification Exam.
This course is organised and run using Scrum as a management framework. This allows for feedback and flexibility as well as experiencing Scrum in action throughout the course.
You will learn:
- The philosophy, values and principles that guide you in becoming more Agile.
- The nature of principles such as Empirical Process Control, Iteration, Timeboxing and Self-organisation that provide an effective model for working in a complex environment.
- The Scrum roles in-depth and how they fit together to address Project Management.
- How to establish an environment to foster high-performance agile delivery including creating a Definition of Done and keeping a Product Backlog in a well-groomed state.
- Techniques for facilitating and participating in highly effective agile meetings each iteration and each day.
- How to leverage review and retrospective activities to produce better fit solutions and continuously improve our Scrum delivery capability.
Established in 2003, the CSM certification with its globally recognised accreditation from the Scrum Alliance is by far the most popular Agile training offering worldwide. After completing the require pre-reading, the CSM training course is the second of three setups in gaining the CSM accreditation from the Scrum Alliance. The final step is successfully completing the CSM certification exam. For further information, see www.scrumalliance.org/pages/CSM
This course may qualify Project Management Professionals (PMPs) for 14 PDUs as approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
This Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) course is the world's most popular foundational course in Scrum and is appropriate for anyone in any role working in an Agile environment or interested in this.
Whilst suitable for anyone interested in Agile, elements of our CSM course are particularly useful for those taking some form of leadership role in respect to Agile capability building. Roles for whom this is typically relevant include, but are not limited to the following.
- Iteration Managers,
- Project Managers,
- Team Leads,
- Development Managers, and
- Capability Managers.
This workshop is also relevant to those involved hands-on in agile delivery who wish to have an in-depth understanding of the Scrum process and how to get the most out of it. This includes the following.
- Programmers / Developers,
- Business Analysts,
- User Experience Designers,
- Solution Architects, and
- Technical Writers.
Scrum WithStyle is proud to offer the following great deals:
- $200 off early bird special for bookings made more than 2 weeks prior to the course,
- 5% off group discount when a group of 3 or more participants from the same organisation are booked together, and
- 10% off group discount when a group of 6 or more participants from the same organisation are booked together.
The following table shows the total price inc. GST for each situation.
|Number of people||Group Discount||Price per person inc. GST|
|> 2 weeks prior||< 2 weeks prior|
|1 or 2||0%||$1,495.00||$1,695.00|
|3, 4 or 5||5%||$1,410.25||$1,610.25|
- Two full days training with a highly experienced agile practitioner.
- A printed course workbook.
- Full catering during the course including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Certification as a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) for participants who pass the post-course Certification Exam taken online with the Scrum Alliance.
- 2 years of membership with the Scrum Alliance.
- A letter of course completion that may be submitted to your employer and/or a professional body (PMI, ACS or similar) for PDUs (available on request).