Certified Scrum Product Owner
About the Course
This Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO) training course is an intensive two day workshop on one of the most critical roles defined by the world's most popular Agile framework: Scrum.
We use highly immersive adult learning techniques such as visual modelling, simulations, role-plays and 'Training from the Back of the Room' activities to enable self-directed learning and enhanced retention.
This course is organised and run using Scrum as a management framework. This allows for feedback and flexibility as well as experiencing Scrum in action throughout the course.
The Product Owner role is critical to maximising Return on Investment from agile product development / projects and is one of the most challenging yet rewarding of the agile roles. As the voice of the customer to the delivery team, a Product Owner needs to be able to work effectively not only with end users and other stakeholders but with the team on a daily basis.
This course provides guidance and practical tools for fulfilling the function of Product Ownership using the Scrum framework and a complimentary set of the most widely used Agile techniques including:
- Collaborative Envisioning,
- User Stories,
- Story Mapping,
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP) management,
- Techniques for soliciting customer/stakeholder input on priorities,
- Product Backlog management,
- Rolling Release management, and
- Release Burndown with scope tracking.
You will learn:
- The importance of iteration, learning and risk management in product development.
- What Scrum is and how a Product Owner works in this environment.
- What a Product Owner does and what it takes to perform the role well.
- How to create a shared vision.
- How to create and maintain a healthy Product Backlog.
- How to manage a Release to a successful outcome using agile techniques.
This Certified Scrum Product Owner training course is all-inclusive of a globally recognised certification with the Scrum Alliance for participants who fulfil the expectations of the trainer during the course. Whilst some pre-reading is required, there is no exam to complete after the training course.
This course may qualify Project Management Professionals (PMPs) for 14 PDUs as approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
This course is particularly suitable for those shaping the product/solution from a business perspective. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Product Owners,
- Product Managers,
- Business Owners, and
- Business Analysts.
This course is also highly relevant to those involved in coaching a Product Owner to be effective in their role. This includes:
- Iteration Managers, and
- Project Managers.
We expect that participants whose experience is predominately with business operations may have limited familiarity with project management and product design issues. Conversely, participants coming from a project management or technical background may have may have less familiarity with how to ascertain value and make business decisions. For these reasons, this course covers both the Product Management (determining the right product) and the Project Management (successful execution) components of the Product Owner’s role.
Scrum WithStyle is proud to offer the following great deals:
- $200 off early bird special for bookings made more than 2 weeks prior to the course,
- 5% off group discount when a group of 3 or more participants from the same organisation are booked together, and
- 10% off group discount when a group of 6 or more participants from the same organisation are booked together.
The following table shows the total price inc. GST for each situation.
|Number of people||Group Discount||Price per person inc. GST|
|> 2 weeks prior||< 2 weeks prior|
|1 or 2||0%||$1,495.00||$1,695.00|
|3, 4 or 5||5%||$1,410.25||$1,610.25|
- Two full days training with a highly experienced agile practitioner.
- A printed course workbook including slides and worksheets.
- Full catering during the course including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Certification as a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) for participants who successfully meet expectations during the course.
- 2 years of membership with the Scrum Alliance.
- A letter of course completion that may be submitted to your employer and/or a professional body (PMI/ACS) for PDUs (available upon request).